Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Another Day at Laguna Lake

This past Sunday the 15th of September we once again went to Laurel Lake in Fullerton Ca. It was a last minute thing.  We showed up about 5 in the evening. I was using the Cabela's ProGuide 9' rod with a Abu Garcia BlackMax Bait Casting reel. I once again used a #4 hook and was using about 3 jumbo night crawlers. I got lucky and was able to land a nice size large mouth bass.







I had set the hook, at first I felt the action on the rod, then it went away I thought I had lost the bass because it looked like I had just reeled in a whole bunch of weeds. But when I removed the weeds I saw  the bass at the end of the line.

Eli was trying for all the small stuff again. He is very good at it. Sitting back and observing him I can see how he studies the water movement, the water color and the structures to determine how he is going to fish.






It was a fun afternoon. The sun went down so it was time to pack it in and start our week. We shall see were our next fishing adventure takes us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment